Mar 31, 2011 0
You’ve probably heard of Murphy’s Law. But how does that translate to business calls?
Well, it goes something like this: You’ve been eagerly waiting a phone call that doesn’t come, doesn’t come, and doesn’t come. You finally decide it’s not coming. So you leave your office. You might even forward your office line to your cell phone. Then, wouldn’t you know it, right in the middle of your treadmill jog, the call you’ve been eagerly awaiting comes in—and you can’t take it. You are out of breath and the background noise wouldn’t make a good first impression.
That’s Murphy’s Law.
But it can be double trouble. Since you probably have an office line and a mobile phone line, you could be twice as likely to miss an important call. Imagine the client calling both of your phones and not getting an answer on either one. That can be frustrating. Sure, it could be that you are merely on another line. But that doesn’t make the impression any better.
What’s a small business owner to do? Try a virtual phone system. With a virtual phone system, you can have one number that rings all your phones, either at the same time or in sequence, and give you call management features that will be less likely to frustrate your clients—even if they can’t reach you. Virtual phone systems offer many features, but eVoice has come up with a list of the top 10 must-have virtual phone features that you should consider before choosing a vendor. Here they are:
- Voicemail Transcriptions: Messages are transcribed to text and sent via email
- Call Forwarding: Forward calls to any phone, work anywhere at anytime
- Call Screening: Know who is calling you before you answer the phone
- Call Transfers: Transfer calls to anyone on your contact list
- Professional Greetings: Welcome callers with customized, studio quality greetings
- Multiple Extensions: Create multiple departments or employee extensions, no matter the size of your business
- Auto Attendant: Give callers a list of options
- Voicemail: Managed messages online or via the phone
- Online Management: Manage account features and access call logs online
- Local or Toll Free Numbers: Enable easy and convenient customer access to a business
What do you think? Are those really the top 10 features?