Mar 29, 2012
LOS ANGELES—What’s the biggest challenges you are facing today? If you are like many small business owners, the answer is simple: wearing too many hats. Could a virtual office, virtual receptionist and virtual assistant help? Absolutely.
Results from a new eVoice survey say not having enough time in the day to get things done came in as a close second, outweighing making a profit, staying ahead of competition, and managing employees.
The eVoice survey results point to the need for entrepreneurs who want to claim success to use the right tools, master the art of multitasking and wear multiple hats. That includes serving in demanding roles like office receptionist and sales manager, in addition to business owner and visionary, often simultaneously.
Let’s listen in to how a virtual receptionist can help.
“As a small business owner it is easy to get overwhelmed with a handful of critical activities,” says Robin Feltner, Supernatural Botanicals CEO and founder. “With the eVoice service I get a virtual assistant. eVoice screens my calls, takes notes for me, transcribes my voicemail and routes vendors and customers to different messages. Not only do I save money, but so much valuable time.”
Here are some more findings from the survey of small business owners:
- 38% say that their time is the most valuable asset for their business
- 36% say their computer is the second most valuable asset
- 25% will pay more than $500 for one extra hour in their work day
- 30% say keep up with technology changes is the most challenging IT issue
- 45% plan to move more business services to the cloud in 2012
- 71% say they have become more mobile over the past two years
Given these findings, how can virtual office technologies help? A virtual phone number is one smart solution. A virtual phone number lets you work efficiency anytime from anywhere without having to hire an administrative staff or buy an expensive phone system.
Some of the features you can expect from a virtual phone system like eVoice include:
- Call handling features including call screening
- Enhanced voice mail service with transcriptions and audio files sent to email or as a text message
- 24/7 auto attendant to professionally answer and route inbound calls
- Ability to transfer calls to another destination
- Record calls with one touch
- Make and receive phone calls via a WiFi connection or 3G/4G network using VoIP
- Intercom connection to other eVoice extensions using VoIP
- Mobile app that transforms a cell phone into a virtual professional business phone system